Who am I?
Armed with a PhD in Statistics and Engineering, I have ten years of experience in helping companies see the value in their data. When not helping clients use data to solve their most pressing problems or serving as a subject matter expert in government and legal forums, I lecture in Business Analytics at the University of Sydney Business School and serve as a regular commentator in the media and at industry conferences on issues of data, analytics and insights.
Who do I work with?
I work with people and teams who are successful in their area, complementing their industry knowledge with my analytical intuition. Around 80% of my clients are business owners, financial services firms and marketing managers. The other 20% is an eclectic mix of legal services, non-profits, higher education institutions and start-ups.
• Big W
• Australian Industry Group
• Carpet Court
• The Loyalty Zone
• NSW Police Force
• Kooee Snacks
• Norman Disney & Young
The problems I help Clients Solve
- Having too much information and not knowing where to start
- Having too many opinions/ideas and not knowing which opportunity to pursue
- Finding missing information to make million dollar decisions
- Using data to measure strategy and success
As a keynote speaker, I also do this live on stage as part of ‘8 Minute Analytics’.
How do I work?
I believe that the experts in the business should be working on the business. I lead your team through the analytics process using the Know Decide Achieve framework. Together we formulate questions to gain meaningful insights. This includes showing you how to derive the best value from information you already have (but may not know about) and designing data collection strategies for those missing pieces.
KNOW - The problem for organisations is not collecting information, it’s knowing what important, relevant and current. I help organisations understand and organise the information they have into data that can be analysed. We’ll look at the data you have to discover the opportunities available.
DECIDE - Evidence based decision making is the key to reducing stress, making progress and getting things done. We’ll analyse which opportunities provide the most economic return for the time investment.
ACHIEVE – Achievement is not a forgone conclusion. Even with the right data and processes to analyse the data, people lose sight of the goal, other projects take over and organisations don’t build success into the planning. We’ll implement the plan and know what data to collect and measure for tracking success.
Let's get started. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org